Wednesday 26 February 2014

L'Oréal: in two minds



Maybe it's just me but every time that moment comes when you need to triple pump to get the last sorry remains of your foundation out of the bottle, it's a 'same old or try something new' situation.

So when my trusty Clinique foundation ran it's course I did some blog searchin' and found a whole lot of love for the L'Oreal True Match foundation (with it being likened to Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk foundation :O) and so hit the nail on the head and purchased the shade N1 Ivory ASAP. It just so happened that L'Oreal was buy one, get the second half price, and by magic my make up wish list grew by one (I was yet to decide what one was). Eventually picking up the Super Liner Blackbuster in a bid to wear eyeliner more.

So after a week of trial and testing I am in two minds about these L'Oreal products. I haven't used their make up before and so these recent purchases have well and truly split my opinion 50/50.

The foundation is perfect, maybe a little on the light side in terms of colour but the formula is a lightweight liquid that can be built up to a great medium coverage, with minimal product. It has a pump (score) and SPF 17 which is always a plus. I need a few more weeks wear to fully review this foundation, but I think I'm onto a winner!

Now for the eyeliner... What can I say - it ain't 'blackbusting' for a start! I found the colour was far from intense and it took me a while to build up a strong black line. The nib is good, not too hard and just the right size but you can't achieve a good cat flick in a few swipes, a complete no no for if you are on the move a lot (or mostly late for work).
It can be said, I'm quite a novice when it comes to liquid eye liner and I'm afraid I don't think this particular liner is going to help me on my journey to cat flick connoisseur.

Are there any L'Oreal products that are a must have? What am I missing out on?
spill...

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I really want to try the foundation now! The shape of the eyeliner looks interesting, but it's probably not thin enough to create precise lines

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete