Friday 21 February 2014

Current Mascaras



It's a common theme in the beauty world to have multiple mascaras on the go all at once, all serving a slightly different purpose. Here are four drugstore mascaras I am currently trialing.

1. Collection Volumising Mascara(£3.99)
I very recently bought this mascara on a whim as the '£1 off' drew me in (poet and I didn't...). First impressions weren't too great but I am going to preserver with this one. The wand is huge with short plastic bristles, which I love. I find these types of brushes prevent clumps and I for one can't stand uneven lashes (picky, I know) so thumbs up there, BUT this 'volumising' mascara doesn't seem to add much more to my lashes - there's no oomph! Nevertheless, I'll give it a second chance.

2. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara (£7.99)
I have had this product for a while now and my love for it yoyo's. With quite a thin plastic wand it adds length to your lashes no doubt. I prefer my lashes to be thicker rather than longer and so I normally have to use this alongside another mascara to get the look that I want. I usually use this masacara as a quick fix on weekdays for work.

3. Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara (£10.00)
S&G make up is regularly hyped up by bloggers - to the extent I feel I need more of the stuff in my life! This mascara came with the hugeeeee Christmas set that I most gratefully received from the rents. It's big fibre brush certainly does give you thicker lashes with minimal effort but I feel it's downfall is that you I can easily over apply and be sporting spider lashes in an instant. The formula is very wet and can be a bit messy, it probably needs a little drying before it's on top form.

4. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara (£7.99)
You may already know my thoughts towards this mascara so I won't go on for long... I'm a bit mehhhh about the whole thing. After all the hype around it I was sure I'd love it, but no. I do still use it every now and again to try and regain my confidence in it, but for now it's definitely the mascara that's most nearing the back of my draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment