Saturday 15 February 2014

BURT'S BEES Lifesaver


One of the things I hate most about winter is its effect on our bodies. Bitter winds plus over usage of central heating just sucks the moisture out of our skin and it's hit me hard this year. I feel like I have 10 (and then some) moisturisers on the go, all just not quite hitting the spot.

My hands have suffered considerably. Although, I must admit I have the worst habit of picking at my cuticles (TMI alert) and yes I am hanging my head in shame…BUT this little pot of lemony goodness has saved the day!



After getting severely frustrated with the state of my hands I hit good old Google and spotted this Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream on the majority of the top hits. Safe to say I was in boots no longer than 10 minutes later!

First thing to comment on is the smell, very very lemony - one of those smells that makes you think ‘this product is going to work wonders’ before you even try it. It’s quite a hard balm, slightly more solid than Vaseline and needs to be worked with your fingers to soften it before applying. Yes, it is greasy but rubbed in well enough it sinks into the skin within minutes (ahoy there girls on the go) and softens the skin immediately. 

I currently have this little magic pot glued to my desk so I can apply it throughout the day and after a few days I feel my hands are well on their way to recovery. On that note, I am also 5 days into a nail varnish boycott – hoping I can last two weeks without lacquering up my nails in order to give them a breather. 

Burts Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream 15g - £5.99

No comments:

Post a Comment