Wednesday 19 February 2014

Birthday Lips



Last weekend I celebrated my birthday with friends, music and vast quantities of Disaronno. Of course with it being my birthday it was an excuse to buy yet another red lip product. I had wanted to try something from NYX cosmetics for a long time - well since I discovered NEXT stocked them - so I popped down after work on friday for a post work/pre birthday treat. Unusually for me, I decided to go down the gloss route and picked up one of their Xtreme Lip Creams in the shade 'spicy' which is a dark cherry red.

My first impressions were great to say the least, it applied really easily with no mess and didn't leave my lips feeling sticky at all. I immediately fell in love with the colour and it smells pretty damn good too. These little glosses are great to throw in your clutch on a night out and keep that bold lip bold!

Now I was lucky enough to receive another NYX lip product for my birthday a day later, coincidence eh!? This time it was a Matte Lipstick in the shade 'indie flick', a bright orange/red colour. Orange toned reds are my all time favorite shade to wear - it makes me feel very 1940's.

The formula is relatively smooth, it is a little drying - but aren't they all! The colour pay off is brilliant and it lasted the whole of the night, even after countless purple rain cocktails and classic singalongs.

I think we can safely say that my first encounter with NYX costmetics was far from disappointing. I am keen to try out more of their products, I mean their Love In Paris palette has been on my wishlist for some weeks now...

1 comment: