Sunday 19 January 2014

Travel Beauty


Just after Christmas I had a mini break to Amsterdam, I spent 4 nights there taking in culture and getting lost down endless canal lined streets. As we only had hand luggage on board the plane, I was limited in my beauty stash. I had to whittle it down to a few essentials, which was hard to say the least, but here I will show you what products made the final cut.



Make up
Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions liquid foundation |17 Phwoarr Paint | Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'on and on bronze' | Dainty Doll cream blush in '| Maybelline Brow Drama | Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara | Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette | Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in 'vanilla' | Blistex Raspberry Lemonade Blast lip balm | Soap & Glory Gloss Stick in 'Nudist' | 17 Supreme Shine Lipstick in 'deep secret'

Tools
Real Techniques Buffing Brush (cream blusher) | Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (foundation) | Topshop angled brush | flat topped stippling brush (concealer) | tapered blending brush (eyes)

Skincare and then some
Sure roll on deodorant | Batiste Dry Shampoo mini in 'original' | Umberto and Giannini Glam Hair 'Backcomb In A Bottle' | The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Moisture Lotion SPF15 | Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser (mini) | Origins Modern Friction Nature's gentle dermabrasion (mini)

The tip is to pack multi-purpose products. The Naked Basics Palette is an eye shadow palette, yet the shade 'faint' is a perfect match to my eyebrows and with the angled brush I can fill them in quite naturally. The same brush can also be used with the shade 'crave' along the lash line as an alternative to black eyeliner. Using your ring finger, 'venus' can be applied very lightly to the top of your cheek and brow bones as a highlighter.

My lip products of choice were the S&G gloss stick in 'nudist' (review here) and the 17 Supreme Shine lipstick. My reasons? One word... moisture. Going to a cold country calls for all the nourishment you can get on the lips. Of course I had my trusty Blistex lip balm in my pocket at all times but for when you want a bit of colour, tinted lip balms/glosses are the way to go and this nude shade is great for everyday wear.

The Nars concealer was thrown into my travel stash as I knew I would be spending long days out without returning to the hotel before the evenings. This concealer is great at refreshing your make up look by applying to the areas where you're looking a little dull... chuck on some red lippy and hey presto!

I am going to Glastonbury again this year where I will almost certainly need to downsize my make up to travel friendly portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment