Sunday 5 January 2014

Desk Side(kicks)


January 2014 - the month of 'new beginnings' and 'fresh starts'.... 

We all throw around cliched phrases at this time of year and so I thought I would start the new year with a 'a tidy desk is a tidy mind' kinda post. I am a keen organiser (if I do say so myself) and I pretty much function in neat piles and coordinated stationary, with ample list making on the side. Today, I have put together some desk necessitates that I feel should remain at arm's length at all times. A day doesn't go by without me using at least two of these essential holy grail products.


We have the obvious choices of hand sanitiser and hand cream. The Wilkinson's own branded 'fruity berry instant hand sanitiser' is a bargain at less then £2 and doesn't leave your hands feeling sticky or wet. The Body Shop's 'Almond Hand and Nail Cream' is a personal fave, additionally to it's amazing smell this cream sinks deep into the skin and moisturises like a dream.

A lip balm is everyone's saviour during winter. Whether we like it or not - we must keep those dry lips at bay! This Blistex number is in the flavour 'raspberry lemonade' and tastes good enough to eat... oh and it hydrates my lips pretty well too.

It's always handy to have a spare nail polish at the back of a draw somewhere in case you get caught short before a night out straight from work. This Essie shade 'Fondola Gondola' is so easy to wear it's perfect paired with any outfit (any season!). One coat leaves the look quite translucent for a subtle effect, or you can build the colour for a more girly pink.

And then of course there's the not-so-glam essentials. The trusty bulldog grip to briskly remove annoying fringe hair when your trying to get down to business. This one I picked up from Primark in a set that more than likely cost a mere £1 but you can find similar here.
A trusty compact mirror to stare wondrously into and paracetamol, to ya'know, get you through the hard times.

Let me know what non-luxury items you can't live without...

No comments:

Post a Comment