Saturday 26 April 2014

All About Eyes: eye cream review

Reoccurring troubles with my eyes led me to take the plunge and finally opt for a high end eye cream. I've always had a love/hate relationship with the idea of eye cream, is it really all that, is there really a difference between a £5 'does the job' and a £50 'miracle worker'?

Having said that I had got to my 'last wits end' (only honey boo boo addicts will get that quote) with swollen, irritated eyes and so thought what the heck. I suffer from bags and redness, often with patches of irritated dry skin (tmi?) and so after a swift google and grilling of the sales woman I decided the Clinique All About Eyes Rich would do the job.


After a couple of weeks of use I am ready to report back. I was advised to apply this cream after moisturiser to the contour of my eyes (just on the bone of the socket), with a tapping motion always working out from the centre. And I did just that...

So; Bags? Still there. They ain't budging... But the cream has definitely helped them. They are less obvious and my lids are no where near as swollen in the morning. Bag blunder aside I haven't had a inch of dryness around my eyes since and packing on ample eye shadow hasn't been a problem. I also like the fact it is supposed to 'protect against environmental irritants' - always a good thing to hear! I do think this cream has helped, but I am still not convinced the £25 price tag is a worthy price.

What do you think? Is high end worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment