Wednesday 26 March 2014

Topshop Lip Cream 'Double Take'


So I was recently jumped on by a YSL sales assistant and immediately colour matched to a lipstick, before my brain had even processed what was happening. You know, like that Michael McIntyre sketch where the sales assistant literally jumps into their lives - that was me. Anyway, the point is he actually picked out the most amazing plum shade from the Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick range and I instantly fell in love. 
Not feeling I could justify a purchase like that so spontaneously I fled the shop, and I am so glad I did... (trust me I'm going somewhere with this!) It just so happened that I stumbled across this beautiful lip cream in Topshop, which is almost identical in shade; and knowing full well how amazing Topshop's make up range is, I snapped it up immediately.
The texture is quite buttery and so applies smoothly, adding instant colour to your lips without needing to apply a lot of product. I found this lip cream lasts really well, almost like a stain. And can we just take a second to mention the colour again? dreammyyyy. It's a perfect transitional colour as we move into spring; not so bright that we're over anticipating summer's arrival, but not too dark that it should be paired with three layers and a woolly hat.
Topshop are on to another winner here, I simply cannot fault their make up range!

1 comment:

  1. !!!!This looks absolutely gorgeous!! the colour is just too beautiful and the texture looks amazing as well, I need to get this!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete