Thursday 20 March 2014

Bourjois Rice Java Powder Review


Right now my skin is about a temperamental as a two year old - having recently gone through a very dehydrated phase, it has suddenly done a 360 on me and often shines like there's no tomorrow. Before this purchase I only owned one powder (is that normal?), which is the old school Rimmel Stay Matte. Regrettably, this is normally thrown in my bag on a night out and applied more than needed, whilst balancing a gin and tonic in the other hand.
So when my skin felt like it needed a bit of TLC in the shine department I turned to this Bourjois powder. Released as part of their 150th anniversary, this powder was the brands first ever best selling product. You almost want to buy it purely on the historical factor (plus how cute is the packaging)!
Not being a big fan of face powders in general, I thought this loose 'feather light' powder would glide over my skin seamlessly whilst giving it a spot of radiance. I must admit, the product doesn't cake at all. It adds a airbrushed look and the finish is perfect; but disappointingly, and realistically, it does not last all day. Also, the smell reminds me of talc powder which I still haven't come to a verdict on...
This powder it great but it hasn't wowed me, anyone else feel the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment