Tuesday 18 March 2014

Faith Restored

This post is dedicated to a few products that I've recently given a second chance - once thrown to the darkest corner of my draw to gather dust, these beauty products have now become firm faves in my routine.


I have had all of these products a while now and in time each one faded out of my make up routine for one reason or another. However, recently in a bid to rotate all of my make up, I decided to dust them off and give them another go. After falling completely out of love with them once upon a time, I now reach for these products on a daily basis...

The Bobbi Brown Corrector - how could I not love this little pot of magic. It really does work wonders, so much so that when I've scraped the last measly reminiscence from this pot, I'm heading straight to get a new one. It effortlessly corrects any dark circles and red patches you may have, creating a blank canvas for foundation.

The Real Techniques Contour Brush has nudged its way back into my Top 5 brushes and I have this (slightly) warm weather to thank. I have tried this brush for many purposes, but it's actually pretty amazing at what it's intended for - fancy that! A quick buff with good old Nars 'Laguna' to give your face a bit of colour and depth, and it's perfect for a summers day!

Another product coming out of hibernation is The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser Primer (dsndjbnz mouthful). When I first used this, my skin was dehydrated and so it did nothing but dry my skin out more but I predict that when if the warm weather creeps up on us, this primer will be a saviour. For now I have been applying this around my nose and on my forehead and chin, where my make up needs a bit of staying power.

As for the Vaseline and Natural Collection eye shadow in 'asteroid' - they're cheap and cheerful! I have been chucking these two in my bag for on the go, they can spruce up any old make up look ...and 'cause well, sometimes multiple eye shadow palettes and 5+ lipsticks in your hand bag just isn't practical.

Anyone given any second chances recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment